Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Epic Breakfast

This is why I hardly ever eat lunch:

Take that, MyPlate.gov

My breakfast included
     - free-range eggs scrambled in pasture butter with a little hamburger and fingerling
       potato hash from last night thrown in
     - baked delicata squash with cinnamon and pasture butter
     - grass-fed, whole-milk yogurt with pureed strawberries and a little stevia extract
     - aaaaand bacon, for good measure (uncured)

That will keep you full until dinner. Frequent meals and snacking are unnecessary
(and harmful to certain people) if your blood sugar is stable.

It took me a maximum of 10 minutes to put this together - I make the squash and yogurt at the beginning of the week. I have no idea why anyone would rather eat Special K.
Just sayin'.

*Disclaimer: I really don't eat bacon every day of the week. It's more like 3/7. I promise.

3 comments:

  1. Hey - glad to read your blog. I'm new to eating primal - 26 or 27 days in. I sort of worry I will fall "off" the wagon tho' so far I feel good and not deprived and like I can absolutely do this.

    Saw your blog link on MDA. How long have you been doing it? I also find it's not really that restrictive once you are committed to looking outside the box... like going to a mexican restaurant and telling them no chips or tortillas but extra veggies, sour cream, avocado please when you order the steak fajitas... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading! I have been doing mostly paleo/primal since April, so a little over 6 months. The adaptation gets easier the longer you stick to it! I never feel deprived, either, and I allow myself to indulge occassionally in various non-conforming foods. Mexican is my favorite 20% meal and I *always* get steak fajitas :)

    ReplyDelete